Entry into force 4 April 2018
1. Information about Act Events BV
1.1. The website www.act-events.com (hereinafter referred to as: the “website”) is managed and operated under the responsibility of:
the BVBA Act Events BV (hereinafter referred to as “Act Events BV”),
Kortrijksesteenweg 1126/01 – 9051 Sint-Denijs-Westrem
Company registration number no: BE 0470.251.842
1.2. The website is used for promoting and informing people about Act Events BV’ services as an event company (hereinafter referred to as: the “Service”).
3. Accessibility and operation of the website
3.1. Act Events BV shall, in so far possible, ensure that the website is up to date and remains accessible for a normal number of users. However, Act Events BV does not guarantee that the website’s features will be available without interruption or errors, that defects will be remedied immediately or that the server which makes them available, is free of viruses or other dangerous components.
3.2. Act Events BV cannot be held liable for loss or damage, regardless of nature, which is the result of the suspension, interruption, interference (technical), delay, difficult accessibility and/or termination of the accessibility of all or part of the website or viruses or other dangerous elements on the website.
3.3. If the user detects the presence of errors, a virus or other dangerous elements on the website, he is asked to notify this to Act Events BV at the following address: email@example.com , so that the necessary measures can be adopted. In any case, Act Events BV advises the user to install firewalls, antivirus and other necessary security software on its computer to prevent damage.
3.4. Act Events BV reserves the right to wholly or partly suspend or terminate the website, at any moment, without any reason and without prior information.
4. Use of the website
4.1. The user agrees to only use the website in accordance with its purpose, with the exclusion of any other purpose.
4.2. The user is obliged to ensure that all information he communicates is accurate and up-to-date.
4.3. The user agrees to use the website in good faith and to respect the applicable legislation, and in particular to refrain from:
• sending false or misleading content to Act Events BV (and update this content, if necessary, to make sure it does not become false or misleading), or communication which appears obscene, racist or xenophobic, insulting, unlawful, deceitful, pushy, offensive, harmful, violent, threatening, intimidating, defamatory, an infringement of intellectual property rights or the like.
• providing e-mail addresses or other types of content to Act Events BV without the prior consent of the people involved.
• sending content to Act Events BV which violates the rights of a third party or damages them in any form (intellectual property rights, privacy, industrial secrets, etc.).
• sending content to Act Events BV which refers to illegal websites or websites with unsuitable content.
• using the website to send unwanted spam, pyramid constructions or any related fraudulent processes.
• bypassing technical protective measures for documents and multimedia.
• every action that can have a negative consequence for the efficient operation of the website, the Service, including the use of computer viruses, ransomware or mass mailings.
• obtaining (attempted) unauthorised access to (a part of) the website or equipment (hardware and software) used for the efficient operation of the website.
• use of a false name, a pseudonym or use of someone else’s or an entity’s identity;
• use of the website for other purposes than those described in these Conditions of use.
4.5. The user uses the website entirely at his own risk. The website, the components and all information, software, facilities and accompanying services are offered as they are, depending on availability without any form of guarantee (explicit nor implicit) and within the limits of the applicable law.
4.6. Act Events BV cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage (direct, indirect, tangible or intangible) arising from the use of the website and its components or the impossibility to use all or part of the website.
4.7. The user is obliged to notify Act Events BV immediately if he/she is aware of any inappropriate behaviour or prohibited use related to the website, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Links to and on other websites
5.1. The website may show links to other websites. These websites of third parties are not managed by Act Events BV, which cannot be held liable for their operation, content and the use thereof. Unless explicitly specified otherwise by Act Events BV on the website, the existence of such links does not imply any approval by Act Events BV relating to these websites of third parties or the use that could be made of them, nor any association or partnership with the operators of these website(s).
6. Intellectual property rights
6.1. The website and its components (trademarks, logos, graphic images, photographs, animations, videos, music, texts, etc.) are Act Events BV’ property. They are protected by intellectual property rights (including copyright, design rights, trademarks, etc.) and may not be reproduced, used or distributed without Act Events BV’ prior written consent or, as the case may be, the holder in question of the right, on pain of an infringement of copyrights and/or models and/or brands, punishable with three months to three years and a fine of EUR 100 to 100,000 or one of these fines alone.
6.2. With the current Conditions of use, Act Events BV grants the user, a licence, non-exclusive, non-transferable, for an indefinite period of time and revocable at any time and without stating reasons, to access the content of the website, to display it and only to download it for display purposes. The user can also print a copy of the content shown on the website for his personal needs, provided that he does not change the content of the website in any way and does not remove any authorship and origin of the website. Reproduction is therefore only permitted for strictly personal purposes within the meaning of article XI.190 5 ° of the Economic Law Code.
6.3. Any use of the website and the parts thereof that do not fall under this article, is strictly prohibited.
7.1. Any claim/complaint of the user relating to the website must be notified in writing within eight (8) calendar days after it came to light. The absence of any dispute according to said rules implies the unconditional acceptance for the user of the fact that gives rise to the claim and, de facto, the definitive waiver of any claim relating to this.
8. Changes and language versions
9. Validity of contractual clauses
9.1. If Act Events BV does not use/invoke one of the provisions of these Conditions of use over a period of time, in no way whatsoever can this be interpreted as a waiver of a right to enforce these rights at a later time.
9.2. The nullity, invalidity or non-enforceability of a part of the provisions in no way whatsoever implies the invalidity of all provisions. The provision that is wholly or partly invalid, void or non-enforceable, is considered to have not been written. Act Events BV undertakes to replace this provision by another one which, in so far possible, has the same goal.
10. Applicable law and competent court
10.1. The validity, interpretation and/or execution of the Conditions of use are only subjected to Belgian legislation, in so far maximum permitted by the applicable rules of International Private law.
10.2. In the event of a dispute about the validity, interpretation or execution of the Conditions of use, the courts of the judicial district of Ghent (Dutch speaking) have exclusive jurisdiction.
10.3. Before instituting legal proceedings, the user and Act Events BV undertake to settle the dispute amicably. That is why they will first contact, where indicated and necessary, an intermediary, arbitration or any other alternative method for dispute settlement.